Checklist for Activity Organizers
Here is a quick checklist of ways to make your event a success.
Leading up to BC Arts and Culture Week
- Register your activity online. It’s easy and free.
- Use the Events page to find other participants in your area, then connect with each other to create a “hub” and support each other’s promotional efforts.
- Invite people to your activity.
- Promote your activity online and in your community using the free promotional material we've created just for you.
- Create your own poster using the downloadable template.
During BC Arts and Culture Week
- Place signs in prominent places to ensure that people know where to find your activity. Remember to add the BC Arts and Culture Week logo, so people know you're part of this province wide celebration.
- Be sure to take photos, and even video, of your event - documentation is always a good idea; and you can share these photos and videos with BC Arts and Culture Week via our social media channels, to show us (and the world!), what a great event you hosted!
- Keep track of how many people attend your activity.
- Invite your guests to provide feedback so your events just get better and better each year.
After BC Arts and Culture Week
- Share your photos: upload them to Flickr, tag them with the word “bcacw2012” then email us the photostream link. You can also post the photostream link on the BC Arts and Culture Week Facebook page.
- Share your videos: upload your video(s) to YouTube, tag them with the word “bcacw2012” then email us the video link. You may post the video link to our Facebook page.
- Pat yourself on the back and start planning for next year!